Naukri.com is one of the most popular online employment portals in India. Founded back in 1997 by Sanjeev Bikhchandani, today this portal has a mind-blowing database of 62.5-million job seekers and 200,000 recruiters.
If you are a job seeker who is looking for a potential job opportunity in your field of expertise then all you have to do is register on this portal. After registration, you will have to verify your email address. After verification, you will have to complete your profile by adding a resume and personal information and then you will get access to advanced search and filters. With the help of filters, you can find jobs and sort them according to payscale, contract-term, etc. You will also get your own dedicated profile page where you can upload your CV or resume to make them visible to potential employers or recruiters.
So, if naukri.com is such a popular portal with such a huge user-base then why would anyone want to delete their account on this portal?
Well, the first and the most annoying issue with Naukri.com is that they are way too aggressive with their email marketing. The problem is even if you choose to opt-out of the email, as well as push notifications, they continue to bombard your email address with hundreds if not thousands of job-related notifications. Basically, they continue to send you updates even without your permission.
The second reason is that you as an account holder may have already found an appropriate job for yourself and thus no longer require the services of this portal.
How to Delete Naukri Account Permanently
There are lots of articles and speculations on the internet that claims that there is no way to delete your account on Naukri. There are also many misconceptions that you can only deactivate certain features of this platform but there is no to permanently deactivate your account.
Well, first of all, let me make it very clear to you that all these claims are false.
Actually, deleting your account on Naukri is quite easy. In this troubleshooting guide, I’ll be sharing with you guys two 100% working methods and all you have to do is to follow the detailed steps listed under them.
I’m claiming that my methods work 100% because I have tested them out myself before writing them down in this guide. Still, if you face any sort of problem in any of the steps, feel free to share your issues with me in the comment section. I will do my best to come up with the best solution for your problems.
Now, without any further ado, let’s get started.
In this section, we’ll be discussing our first and easiest method. But, before you start following the steps, it is necessary for you to first log into your Gmail or whichever email-service you use.
1. Open any of the emails that you have received from Naukri.com. Scroll right down to the bottom of the mail where you will see the footnotes.
Just below the footnotes, you should see the greeting and links to unsubscribe and to report a problem.
Ignore all of these links. The next link is to “delete this account”. Click on this link and you will be redirected to the relevant page.
If you can’t find the “delete” link then click on the “unsubscribe” link and follow rest of the steps listed below.
2. If you are not already logged-in to Naukri website, you will have to do so by entering the appropriate email and password. Once logged-in, you will be automatically redirected to the appropriate settings page.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page till you find “Not looking for a job change right now” section and then click on the “read more” link.
After clicking on the link, the box will expand and you will see a selection box.
4. Click on the selection box and you will get two options. The first option lets you deactivate your profile until your next login. The second option lets you delete your profile.
Now, it’s up to you to choose the option but for the sake of this tutorial, I am selecting the second option.
As soon as you choose the “delete” option you will see a popup asking you to choose a reason for your selection.
Finally, you need to click on the “delete account” button.
Note: Once you have deleted your profile, all the data, resume and information you have submitted will be deleted as well and this process is non-reversible.
5. You should receive a message stating that your account has been successfully deleted. However, be aware that it can take up to 24-hours to process your request even if you have received the message.
Within 24-hours you may receive another mail from Naukri.com to verify your details and confirm that you want to permanently delete your profile. Click on the link and you will receive an affirmation message.
In this method, I will show you how to delete Naukri account permanently with the help of their website.
1. Visit the official site and then log in to your profile by clicking on the “login” link at the top of the site.
2. Put your cursor on the “My Naukri” link which you will find at the top right-hand side of the site.
3. From the extended list, click on the “settings” and then make sure you are on “communication and privacy” page.
Alternatively, you can click on this link to visit your communication settings page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on the “click here” link as shown in the image below.
5. In the selection box, click on the “delete” option. After clicking on the option, you will get a popup in which you need to click on the “other” option.
You will then see a small form where you need to enter any reason. Finally, click on the “Delete account” button.
Follow this method only if the 1st and 2nd method didn’t work for you.
1. Open the email service you use like Gmail or Yahoo mail and create a new email with Subject “Request to close my account”. Send your email to the either email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Your request will take around 24 hours to be processed and then you may receive an email from the support team.
3. You will be asked by for a reason by the support team as for why you want to deactivate your profile. You can provide them with any reason, for example, I have already found a job and so don’t need my profile anymore. Once you have written your “reason”, you need to reply back to the support team.
4. Soon, you will get a new reply with a link to account deactivation. Click on that link and follow the instructions.
5. Finally, you will get a notification confirming that your account has been deleted successfully.
As you have seen in this guide there are many ways to delete naurki account permanently. If the first two methods didn’t work for you then you can try the third method that involves contacting the support team directly.
I hope this guide will help you. If you have any questions related to this guide or on any of the methods discussed in this guide, please let me know in the comment section.