Naukri—a premier job search portal where dreams go to find their dream jobs or, as some say, where your inbox goes to get bombarded by an avalanche of job offers. You might have signed up in a burst of optimism, ready to conquer the professional world, only to find your email gasping for air under a mountain of ‘hot opportunities’ and ‘urgent openings’. I bet you never imagined the phrase ‘how to delete Naukri account’ would be something you’d be furiously typing into your search bar late one Tuesday night. But here we are, and fear not, I’ve got your back.
Let’s be honest, deleting an account feels like breaking up with that overzealous, slightly too keen suitor who just can’t take the hint. You’re like, “Hey Naukri, it’s not you, it’s me. I just need some space (in my inbox).” So here it is, folks, the break-up guide you’ve been waiting for: how to delete your Naukri account permanently. These tried and true methods will have you bidding a sweet farewell to that non-stop job-alert onslaught faster than you can say “unsolicited job offer.” And that’s not an exaggeration. Buckle up, and prepare to reclaim your inbox sanity.
Why Would Anyone Want To Delete Naukri Account?
Now that’s a question that’ll keep you up at night, like wondering if your dog really loves you, or why popcorn isn’t a breakfast food. I mean, we’re talking about a premier job portal in India, with over 20 million monthly visitors, around 62.5 million hopeful candidates, a battalion of 200,000 active recruiters, and a small city of 500 plus staff members managing the whole shebang.
But hey, if I had a penny for every time I was asked how to delete Naukri account through our contact page, I’d probably be chilling on a beach in Bali right now, sipping my third coconut milk mojito of the day.
But let’s dive into the murkier waters of this conundrum. Despite its glitzy credentials, Naukri has been known to spam your inbox like a needy ex who just can’t get the hint. Ever woken up to a deluge of automated emails making your inbox look like the aftermath of a bot apocalypse? That’s Naukri saying good morning.
It’s like being in a non-stop electronic snowball fight with no gloves on. And while deleting Naukri account might seem as appealing as volunteering for a root canal, believe it or not, it could be your golden ticket to a spam-free existence.
So stick around, because we’re about to go deep into this digital dilemma and navigate the ins and outs of account deletion.
How to Delete Naukri Account Permanently
To help you delete your Naukri account permanently, you need to prepare yourself to be absolutely gobsmacked. Isn’t it wild to think that you can delete your account from a job search website faster than you can say “Thank goodness, no more spammy job alerts”? In fact, you could be free from the relentless bombardment of job notifications quicker than you can finish a cup of coffee.
So without any further ado, let’s dive into the two methods to delete Naukri account permanently.
In the following steps, we’ll let you know how you can delete your Naukri.com account permanently, in a quick and easy manner.
- Step one, log in to your Naukri account on your computer with your email and password, or via Gmail. No sweat, right?
- Once you’re in, it’s straight to the profile page. Here you will need to click on the (three-bar) icon that you will find on the top right-hand side of your screen. Once clicked, it will reveal a new menu. Now locate the “Settings” link as shown in the image attached below and click on it to load the Naukri setting page.
- Now you be on the “Communication and Privacy” tab of the settings page (as shown in the screenshot attached below). If not, please click on the “Communication and Privacy” tab and proceed to the next step.
- Now scroll to the bottom of this page and click the “Read More” link within the “Not looking for a job change right now” section.
- Now you will be greeted with an expanded menu with some useless stuff. Ignore them and click on the drop-down box beside “Your account will be deactivated for” and choose the “Delete account” option from the given options.
- Finally, choose from the 6 reasons why you want to delete the account and click on the “Delete Account” button. You will be prompted to enter your account password, so enter your password and hit “Confirm and Delete Account.”
Congratulations! You have successfully deleted your Naukri.com account.
So, looks like the first method didn’t cut it, huh? No worries, we’ve got another one to try.
- Fire up your Yahoo or Gmail account and whip up a new email. The subject? That’s “Request to Close my Account”. Once you’ve got that down, shoot it off to either [email protected] or [email protected].
- Now, let’s get down to the meat of your email. Here’s a handy template for you:
I take this opportunity to write to you in relation to my account registered on www.naukri.com. My intent is to seek your assistance in permanently terminating this account. Regrettably, my prior endeavors to manually delete the account have not been successful. Therefore, please accept this email as my formal appeal for account closure.”
- Now, to prove it’s really you, include your full name, your whole address, and your birthday. Don’t attach any documents or scanned stuff. And definitely don’t write down your account number or password in the email. Copying and pasting? Watch out for any typos.
- Once you’ve written all that up, don’t just hit send. Give it a once-over to make sure you haven’t made any errors and that you’re not coming across as rude or offensive.
- Usually, they’ll process your request within a day, and then you’ll hear from their support team. If 24 hours pass without a peep, your email probably didn’t go through. In that case, drop another line to [email protected]
- You’ll get an email with a link to deactivate your account. Click it and follow the steps. After that, you’re all set – your account will be deactivated, and there’s nothing else you need to do.”
What is Naukri.com?
I can almost hear you gasp. And trust me, it’s a doozy of a question. Let’s take a ride down memory lane. The year was 1997, and the Internet, as we know it, was just starting to find its feet. Naukri.com, a brilliant brainchild of Info Edge, was born amidst the clatter of dial-up modems. Fun fact: If you think the name is weird, “Naukri” means “Job” in Hindi, making it an apt name for an online job portal. But back then, it was just another startup trying to make it big in the world of the Internet. Little did they know they’d become a powerhouse in the job-seeking industry.
The journey wasn’t a walk in the park, though. Picture this. It’s June 1998, and Naukri.com has just received angel funding from none other than the co-founder of Infosys, N. R. Narayana Murthy. Hold on to your hats, folks, because it’s about to get wilder. Just two months later, in August 1998, Info Edge’s very own founder, Sanjeev Bikhchandani, swoops in with additional funding. A major leap of faith, wouldn’t you say? And boy, did it pay off. By 2006, the platform was swimming in a whopping USD 12 million in funding from Accel Partners. Bet they were thrilled they didn’t choose to start a bakery instead.
Fast forward to today, and Naukri.com is not just any job portal. With a mind-boggling 11 million job listings, it’s more like the Amazon of job portals. It serves job seekers as well as employers from over 250 cities in India, and let me tell you, that’s a lot of cities. From your neighborhood bakery to a Fortune 500 company, Naukri.com has become the go-to place for all job-related needs. So, in a nutshell, if you’re searching for a job or looking to hire, Naukri.com is where you ought to be. And that, my friends, is not even an overstatement.
Written by Johnathan Abram