F1 22 remains the best and most comprehensive Formula One game to date. Despite the fact that there have been many improvements in both graphics and gameplay, some players are still struggling with the same old issue- their controllers aren’t vibrating! This can be a real pain, as it takes away from the immersive experience of playing this otherwise fantastic game. If you’re one of those people who is stuck with a non-vibrating controller, don’t worry! There are a few things you can do to fix this problem.
To help you, in this guide, we will go through all the possible causes and solutions to fix F1 22 controller not vibrating issue on Xbox, Steam, or PS5 so you can get back to enjoying your races as soon as possible!
Table of Contents
7 Proven Ways To Fix F1 22 Controller Not Vibrating Issue on Xbox/Steam/PS5
If you’re a big fan of racing games, then you must have played Codemasters’ F1 2020. The game is very well-received by critics and fans alike and has been deemed as one of the best racing simulators available today. One potential issue with the game is that some players are reporting that their controllers are not vibrating when they should be.
Given that the game is a racing simulation, not having your controller vibrate when you’re coming into contact with another racer can be a bit of an immersion breaker. Not to mention it can also make the game quite difficult if you don’t know where someone else is on the track. However, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t fixable. We will go over seven things you can try to fix your controller not vibrating issue on Xbox, Steam, or PS5 working properly again.
1) Reconnect the Controller
The first attempt to resolve the F1 22 Controller Not Vibrating/ No Vibration Issue is reconnecting the controller. You should disconnect the controller and reconnect it after a few seconds. Once done, launch the game and check that your issue is resolved. But keep in mind that this trick doesn’t work for adaptive triggers.
If you are still facing the F1 22 controller not vibrating issue after reconnecting it, then there might be some software issue with your controller. To fix this issue, first, press on the Xbox icon to switch off and then reconnect your controller. Alternatively, you can try connecting your controller using a simple USB cable.
Some Xbox One controllers may have a broken connection between the vibration motors and the main board. Microsoft has acknowledged this as a problem and released an official guide on how to fix it: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution.
Regardless, if you have a controller connection problem, I recommend that you contact Microsoft Support and ask them to replace your controller given it’s still under warranty.
2) Run in Windowed Fullscreen Mode To Fix F1 22 Trigger Vibration Issue
The F1 22 controller is a great controller for the Xbox One, but it’s not without its problems. The biggest issue is that the vibration doesn’t always work as intended.
- To fix the F1 22 trigger vibration problem, you’ll need to make some changes to your game’s settings and windowed mode.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is open up the game options menu. To do so, press the Menu button on your controller and select “Options.” You can also load up most games by pressing the Menu button while playing.
- Next, click on “Settings” in this menu (or directly from the home screen if you’re already in-game). You’ll see a new screen with three tabs at the top: Graphics, Sound, and Controls. Choose “Graphics” from here and then select “Display Mode” from the list of options on the right side of your screen.
- Choose Windowed [Fullscreen] from this list of options (it should be at the bottom). Once done, run F1 22 again and see if vibration still works properly over a wireless or wired connection.
If the F1 22 controller not vibrating issue still persists, try changing back to Fullscreen mode again until it does work properly again. If that doesn’t work, you can try to fix the problem by changing your game graphics mode settings. To do this:
- Start F1 22 and then click on the “Options” button in the top right corner of the screen (or press ESC) while playing.
- From here, select “Video Mode” from the list of options on the right side of your screen.
- Choose Windowed [Fullscreen] from this list of options (it should be at the bottom). Once done, run F1 22 again and see if vibration still works properly over a wireless connection.
Hopefully, now the vibration problem has been resolved. If the advice given here doesn’t work, there are a few other things you could try.
3) Configure your Controller
If you are a hardcore gamer, then you know that racing games are one of the best games to play—they are fast-paced and thrilling. They give you an adrenaline rush and make you feel like you are in the driver’s seat. And one such game is F1 22 – a fascinating racing game that is based on the Formula One motor-racing championship.
The first installment of this game (F1 2000) was released back on 29 February 2000 and since has garnered a lot of attention and praise from gamers all over the world. But there are some issues with this game – one of them being that its players often face difficulties with the game’s controls, especially the controller not vibrating. Fortunately, there are some easy fixes for the F1 22 trigger vibration problem. Here’s how you can fix the controller not vibrating issue in F1 22 in Steam:
- First of all, go to Steam > Settings > Controller Settings
- Then click “Add Device” and select your controller from the list that appears
- Now click the “Configure Controller” button and make any changes as per your requirement.
- Finally, click “Ok” to save the changes and that’s it! Your controller should now work fine in F1 22.
4) Verify Game Files
If the problem persists, then it might be due to corrupted or missing game files. Often after downloading or updating a game on Steam, some files might get corrupted or go missing. In such a case, you can verify the integrity of your game files to check if that’s causing the problem. If you have recently downloaded F1 22 game or updated F1 22, then you might want to make sure that the new files are not corrupted. To verify game files in Steam, do the following:
- Right-click on F1 2022 in your Steam library and select Properties.
- Now go to the Local Files tab and click “Verify Integrity of Game files…” This will scan for any corrupt or missing files and replace them as needed.
- After the process is finished, restart your device and launch F1 222 again. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
5) Disable Trigger Vibration
Trigger vibration is a common feature in some gaming controllers which can provide haptic feedback or extra sensations to players. The objective is to create a more immersive gaming experience. However, this can also lead to crashes in some games. To disable trigger vibration follow these steps:
- Run your F1 2022 game on your console and then open your game options.
- Under game settings, look for Controller, Vibration & Force Feedback section and then disable this feature.
- Once you’ve disabled the trigger vibration, save your game settings and restart your console. Then open F1 2022 again to see if the issue is resolved. If you’re still encountering crashes and freezes, try other solutions below.
Given how easy it is to disable the trigger vibration, we strongly recommend you try this first. If this doesn’t solve the issue, try installing the latest console updates.
6) Install Xbox Accessories App
Another workaround is to install the Xbox Accessories app, which should be in your list of games. This app works with your controller and provides additional features and settings. If your Xbox One controller is still not working after trying all of the above solutions, you can try installing the Xbox Accessories app. The app is free to download and install and doesn’t require any additional hardware. To install the app, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Store and search for “Xbox Accessories.”
- Select the Xbox Accessories app from the list of results and select Get.
- Once the app is installed, open it and follow the instructions to pair your controller.
Once you’ve installed the app, open it and connect your controller via USB cable or Bluetooth connection. Then follow the on-screen instructions to pair your controller with the console, calibrate it and set it up for gaming.
7) Check for Physical Damage
Last but not least, if you’re still facing issues with your controller, there might be a hardware problem. In that case, it’s best to take it apart and check for any physical damage. If everything looks fine inside and the issue persists, then it’s probably time to buy a new one.
As you can see, the F1 22 controller not vibrating issue on Xbox/Steam/PS5 is a common issue and there are many ways to fix it. We hope that by following the above tricks and fixes, you can resolve this issue easily.