Do you often get an error message on your computer saying “the code execution cannot proceed because wldcore.dll was not found”?
You have no idea what it is, and every time you check for more information on the internet, you find that it is something related to a dynamic link library file missing from your computer.
So you must be having a question, what exactly is this wldcore.dll and how to fix it?
Well, stick around as in this troubleshooting guide I will walk you through every possible method to fix it.
What is WLDCore.dll
It is nothing but a Windows file known as “Windows Live Client Shared Platform Module”.
It is one among many essential files of the “Games for Windows Live” program that Microsoft Corporation has developed in recent years.
Windows Live is an application which allows you to connect your Xbox with your Windows OS ( 8 or later version ) using the Gamertag. Once connected this application gives you the ability to play Windows Platform compatible Xbox games on your computer.
Now the problem is that not only MS Live, but many other sophisticated 3D modeling, graphics designing, and games need WLDCore file to start and function properly.
So for of any reason if this dynamic link library file gets deleted to damaged, then you will get the following error message on your screen “the program can’t start because wldcore.dll is missing from your computer” followed by “this application stopped working” error message.
Now that you have an idea of what Wldcore.Dll is and why it is so crucial for your system to run smoothly, you might want to know what you can do if you come across this error.
There are two ways to handle this situation. One is to reinstall, and the other is to copy and paste.
2 Ways to Fix wldcore.dll Missing from Computer
Depending on your ease, you can opt for either of the two solutions mentioned below. Both can counter this problem and will help the desired program to run smoothly. Let’s take a look at the first solution.
How to Reinstall wldcore.dll
This is the easier of the two methods. You will have to repair or reinstall some of the applications on your computer to make sure that the error report does not pop up again. Here are the apps that you need to reinstall on your system.
Once you have downloaded the files by following the provided links, follow the instructions listed below.
1. Click on the Start or Windows icon on the left bottom corner of your screen and go to the “Control Panel”. Alternatively, you can use the search form in the taskbar to search for “Control Panel”.
2. You need to find Programs from the list of other options and then click on it.
3. When you click on Programs, a new page will load with few more options. You need to click on the “Programs and Features” option as shown in the image attached below.
4. Now all the program names to appear on your screen. Do note that depending on the number of programs installed on your computer; it may take a few seconds for the page to load.
5. You will find that among all the programs, there is an option called Windows Live Messenger.
Note: If the programs and features list do not show this option, it means the computer does not have the program installed. But if it does, you need to right-click on it and choose Repair. It will repair automatically without having to do anything else.
6. After you have fixed Messenger app, you need to find another icon named Live Mail. Now you need to right-click on the icon and then select the Repair option. Everything else will be done automatically.
7. The last step is to find the Live Contact. Once again, you need to right-click and choose Repair. One thing that you need to know for the previous three steps is that if you don’t have these icons, they have to be downloaded from the Windows website.
After you have completed the steps mentioned above, close all running applications and then restart your computer.
After the restart, you must try to use the application with which you were facing the issues. If you have followed the steps correctly, everything will typically work without any problems from there on.
If you still experience the same error, you can try the alternative method listed below.
Copy and Paste
It’s one another simple method you can try if the first one didn’t work for you. The objective is to replace the files that are missing or are corrupted. So, copy and pasting is the best way to do it. Here’s what you have to do.
1st: You need to open the Windows Explorer of your computer.
2nd: Once you are inside the explorer navigate to the following path: C:Program FilesWindows LiveShared. Alternatively, you can just copy and paste it in the location field.
3rd: In almost every case the program is installed on the C drive. If you are aware of the fact that they are installed in some other drive, you need to change the C: to the respective drive label.
4th: Now once you are inside the shared folder you need to look for the files listed below. You can also use the search feature to find them. Once found delete them and you don’t have to worry if you can’t find them.
6th: Again open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the following path: c:Program FilesWindows LiveMessenger. The folder will open up if you have Live Messenger is installed on your computer. Now copy and paste the files you just downloaded in 5th step.
7th: Repeat the 6th step for “Contacts” and for the “Mail” app.
Once you are done with every step, your final task is to restart your computer. After your computer reboots, try to use the application which was showing you the error and most probably now it must have been fixed.
The steps are easy enough, and even an amateur will be able to do it. However, if you still encounter the same problem (which is hardly going to happen), you can contact me using the comment form, and then we can discuss and try to resolve your issue.