Do you often get an error message on your computer saying, “the code execution cannot proceed because wldcore.dll was not found”?
You have no idea what it is, and every time you check for more information on the internet, you find that it is something related to a dynamic link library file missing from your computer.
So you must have a question, what exactly is this wldcore.dll, and how to fix wldcore.dll error from your computer? Well, stick around, as, in this troubleshooting guide, we will walk you through every possible method to wldcore.dll error from your computer for good!
What is WLDCore.dll
WLDCore.dll is a dynamic link library file that is associated with the Windows Live Mesh software. This software is a file and folder synchronization tool that allows users to sync their files and folders across multiple devices. It was developed by Microsoft and was available for use on Windows operating systems up to Windows 7.
The WLDCore.dll file is responsible for enabling the synchronization of files and folders on the user’s devices. It is an essential component of the Windows Live Mesh software and is required for it to function properly. Without this file, the software will not be able to sync the user’s files and folders across their devices.
In addition to its primary function, the WLDCore.dll file may also be responsible for other tasks related to the operation of the Windows Live Mesh software. For example, it may be involved in the management of user accounts, the handling of errors, and the communication with other components of the software.
While the WLDCore.dll file is an important component of the Windows Live Mesh software, it is not essential to the operation of the Windows operating system. However, it is still a good idea to keep the file up to date, as it may help to improve the performance and stability of the Windows Live Mesh software.
In fact, even today, some of the most sophisticated 3D modeling, graphics designing, and video editing software need WLDCore files to start and function properly.
So for any reason, if this dynamic link library file gets deleted to damaged, then you will get the following error message on your screen “the program can’t start because wldcore.dll is missing from your computer,” followed by “this application stopped working,” error message.
Now that you have an idea of what Wldcore.Dll is and why it is so crucial for your system to run smoothly, you might want to know what you can do if you come across this error.
There are three ways to handle this situation. One is to reinstall, and the other is to copy and paste.
3 Proven Ways to Fix wldcore.dll Missing from Computer
If you’ve recently encountered an error message stating that the wldcore.dll file is missing from your computer, you may be feeling frustrated and unsure of what to do next. This error can occur for a variety of reasons, but the good news is that there are a few simple solutions that may be able to fix it.
In the following sections, we’ll take a look at two potential solutions for fixing the wldcore.dll missing error on your computer. Let’s get started!
1) Reinstall the Program That is Using the wldcore.dll File
One potential solution to the wldcore.dll missing error is to try reinstalling the program that is using the file. This is because certain programs and games typically use the wldcore.dll file, and if it’s not present on your system, it can cause the program to crash or not function properly.
To reinstall the program, follow these steps:
- Close the program that is causing the error.
- Go to the Start menu and click on “Control Panel.”
- In the Control Panel, click on “Programs and Features.”
- Locate the program that is using the wldcore.dll file and select it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
- Once the program has been uninstalled, restart your computer.
- Reinstall the program by downloading it from the official website or using the installation disc.
2) Copy and Paste
It’s another simple method you can try if the first one doesn’t work for you. The objective is to replace the files that are missing or corrupted. So, copy and pasting is the best way to do it.
Here’s what you have to do.
- You need to open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Once inside the explorer, navigate to the following path: C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared. Alternatively, you can copy and paste it into the location field.
- In almost every case, the program is installed on the C drive. If you are aware of the fact that they are installed in some other drive, you need to change the C: to the respective drive label.
- Now, once you are inside the shared folder, you need to look for the wldlog.dll and wldcore.dll files. You can also use the search feature to find them. Once found, delete them, and you don’t have to worry if you can’t find them.
- Download these two files from the following links (Link1, Link2). Remember that these are 3rd-party download links and are not official links, as Microsoft doesn’t provide any links for DDL files.
- Again open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following path: c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger. The folder will open up if you have Live Messenger installed on your computer. Now copy and paste the files you just downloaded in the 5th step.
- Repeat the 6th step for “Contacts” and for the “Mail” app.
Once you are done with every step, your final task is to restart your computer. After your computer reboots, try to use the application which was showing you the error, and most probably now, it must have been fixed.
3) Restore the wldcore.dll File from the Recycle Bin
If you’ve accidentally deleted the wldcore.dll file, there’s a chance it’s still present in the Recycle Bin. In this case, you can try restoring the file from the Recycle Bin to see if it fixes the error.
To restore the wldcore.dll file from the Recycle Bin, follow these steps:
- Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking on its icon on the desktop.
- Locate the wldcore.dll file in the list of items in the Recycle Bin.
- Right-click on the file and select “Restore.”
- The file will be restored to its original location on your computer.
If these solutions don’t work, there are a few other things you can try, such as running a malware scan or performing a system restore. However, if you’re still having trouble after trying these solutions, it may be best to seek help from a professional or consult the program’s support resources for further assistance.
The Final Verdict
In conclusion, the wldcore.dll missing error can be frustrating, but it can often be fixed by reinstalling the program that is using the file or restoring the file from the Recycle Bin. Hopefully, one of these solutions has helped you get your computer up and running smoothly again.
Written by Johnathan Abram